Monday, July 9, 2012

Portrait Sketches at the Saturday Farmers Market

 I set up my umbrella at last Saturday's Farmers Market on Main Street. Summer is finally upon us - it was wicked hot. Maybe not by East Coast standards, but we were baking for the first couple hours before the sun shifted enough to allow the trees to shade us - a little respite.

Some quick portrait sketches - all children - thanks to my handy IPad I took a snapshot and worked out the sketch from that - it was too hot for the kiddies to sit, even for 20 minute increments. Funny how I had just started the drawing of the (first) two little girls, but two other families with (two) little girls requested drawings. Single portraits were 20 minutes, double portraits took a little under 40min. All on 8 1/2"x 11" Canson Mi-Teintes paper, in Steel Grey.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...